I decided to create this blogspot to share with others stories of my life experiences. I consider them to be pertinent as they are my life, they are what I am, who I am. I have considered writing a book. Maybe not, maybe this will allow me to share memories without pressures of what comes next. As I have tended to live my life without much structure, mostly to react to stimuli, as they say. These pages will come as they come back to me, as they strike, I will write. I can also be a bit of a storyteller as the mood hits me. Maybe some things here won't agree with you, but at least you'll get to know me and isn't that why you are here?

Friday, January 8, 2010

The King @ 75

I guess it would be impossible not to acknowledge the 75th birthday of the king of rock and roll.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



If Elvis Aaron Presley had survived his celebrity, he would've turned 75 today. About the same age as my (sorry man) beloved uncle. I guess it is difficult for the very popular to live to an old age. I've been known to compare them to shooting stars. Someone who shines so bright and seems to live so high above the rest of us. Someone who gives their all and brightens the lives of so many. How can they not burn out early? My dearly departed Ma was one of those in the early years who adored him. I often wondered how my Pa felt about all that "love" going to someone else. Personally, I thought well of him and even though I've never owned any of his music or movies, I seem to know many of his songs and have pretty well seen all his movies. Correction, I DO have a Christmas CD of his, that replaced the music cassette, which hmm, replaced the (OMG) 8-track, which replaced the (man!) album that Ma actually owned. Guess he was more to me than I thought. I have to relate that there is one song that is a particular favorite, maybe, for my siblings as well. It's called "MaMa Loved The Roses". It is on that affore mentioned Christmas recording. That's all I will say about that, listen to it, I'm thinking you'll understand, especially if your Ma is gone on to be with mine.

At times, I've felt somewhat possessive of him. Oddly enough, I can talk to someone who speaks highly of Elvis from some part of the country that I wouldn't expect to identify with him and it makes me feel, maybe some jealousy or ...........not sure. I think you have to be from the southeastern part of this country to really hear him. Yea, I know...............BS! Really, I'm glad that I was part of something that big, maybe people feel that way about what's his name, that died in 2009. I know, Michael. But maybe the people who knew and cared the most, were the ones who were a part of the beginning. I enjoyed plenty about him, and Michael, but maybe he wasn't really a part of me, because I wasn't there at the start. Either way, Happy Birthday King, you are missed, even after all these years. Say hi to my Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment