I decided to create this blogspot to share with others stories of my life experiences. I consider them to be pertinent as they are my life, they are what I am, who I am. I have considered writing a book. Maybe not, maybe this will allow me to share memories without pressures of what comes next. As I have tended to live my life without much structure, mostly to react to stimuli, as they say. These pages will come as they come back to me, as they strike, I will write. I can also be a bit of a storyteller as the mood hits me. Maybe some things here won't agree with you, but at least you'll get to know me and isn't that why you are here?

Friday, January 15, 2010

Bad Adz Biker Dudes

Let me say this up front, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be a biker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A friend, co-worker of mine has been working me recently about going to a meeting of what is known as the "Oklahoma Confederation of Clubs". I guess it took a bit for me to realize that what he wants is somewhat of a mouthpiece. He tells me that he is representing his church group and isn't much of a speaker. Then he crossed the line. He tells me that the guy who is at the top of the heap is a 1%er who told him that he will get some respect from the guys when he shows them something. But, he must respect that 1%er patch. Well to start with, 1%ers are like christians, it's not something you need to tell me. Someone else will or I'll just know by the way you act. And as far as showing him something, I turned around and started to drop my pants and show my friend something. He also told me if I wore my 81 support t-shirt, I couldn't ride with him. I have always liked Sonny Barger and the idea of the Angels. When I was a kid, maybe I secretly wanted to be like them, to someday be a part of them. Well, like christianity, I've had a taste and it really wasn't me.
Years ago, another friend, had me associating with a fine group of young men who were more than motorcycle enthuiasts. For the most part, hanging out with these guys was fun. Whenever one of these guys asked me about running over to the clubhouse with him, my friend would become very adamant about me NOT going. Well, she was a dear friend and I listened to her, as much as I wanted to go. Well after a couple of years of associating with these gentlemen, I started to notice that their numbers seemed to be dwindling. They had these parties on the weekends that were outrageous and they would tell all these stories about their exploits. It was exciting and maybe a little spooky at the same time. And I was noticing that as I got to know them better, I was seeing that there was a problem and that some of the guys I liked best, were no longer showing up. Then came the night, when in a crazy haste, my friend asked me to stay at her house and she gave me a pistol and said "stay here, if anyone comes here that you don't know, shoot them!" I had never seen her act that way. A few hours later, they came in. She was helping him walk. It seems that he was stabbed by someone who didn't respect his patch, right in front of a police officer who also didn't respect his patch. They go to the emergency room, hear people in there that they don't want to see, she grabs stuff from the cabinets and they headed for her house. If you have ever taken a Q-tip with a long wooden handle and put it in a bottle of something and almost hid that thing within a slash across a friends back, you will understand why I and others, ride alone.

I made and lost several acquaintances during that period of a couple of years, as for my really good friend, well, we also lost her a few years ago.

My newest friend called me a lone wolf. I don't see myself as being a wolf at all. Maybe coyote, concerned with living for today, having fun, playful, serious only when necessary.

By the way, I do respect the patch on the back, because I have a tiny idea of what it takes to get one and what it means to the wearer. Funny, most of the hard core christians and bikers that I've known in my life............are gone.

1 comment:

  1. profound and enlightening on so many levels....
    funny, your last line, same for me. weird huh?

    ReplyDelete