I decided to create this blogspot to share with others stories of my life experiences. I consider them to be pertinent as they are my life, they are what I am, who I am. I have considered writing a book. Maybe not, maybe this will allow me to share memories without pressures of what comes next. As I have tended to live my life without much structure, mostly to react to stimuli, as they say. These pages will come as they come back to me, as they strike, I will write. I can also be a bit of a storyteller as the mood hits me. Maybe some things here won't agree with you, but at least you'll get to know me and isn't that why you are here?

Friday, March 12, 2010

Didn't want to go there.

Really didn't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone I work with gave me a little booklet today. It was entitled "Steps to the Ride of Your Life, Jesus". OK, no problem.....except....the guy has spent the rest of the week trashing me to everyone at work that will listen to him. I have senority, several years of it. For the last 4+ years it has been maybe a forgone conclusion that I would take the Department Head position when the present head retires. Which he has said is in two years. Well to be fair, this guy has done plenty, he works very hard, comes in early, making every effort to learn everything he possibly can. Swears he will stay in this department forever. But...there are skills that can't be learned or taught. You gotta have them. He doesn't. Anyway, it lit me up, kick me in the nuts all week and then play christian on Friday. I've been there, much deeper than most. Plenty deeper than him. I don't talk about it much, no need. Either whomever doesn't believe or they don't believe. I have had the hand of God touching my face.........for a time, a long time. Long ago and far away. I have ministered to the sick and homebound, the hospital bound, the ones wihout much hope. As a Catholic, I have taken the very body of Christ to people who ordinarily would not have had the chance to receive it. The Catholic church has what is known as the Diaconate, it's where you get training to become a deacon. You have to be recommended. I was recommended by a priet who in his 25 years as a priest had never recommended anyone. I was also recommended by the head of the Diaconate. I was going to take the Lord's number of seven other people to recommend me before I truly decided, I had ten. I have been deep. What I say now is, if you are real, you do not have to say a word, believe me I will know. Do not ever kick me and then think you can pull this off on Friday. Just because I may not live like you think I should, maybe not as I think I should, I'm far from ignorant, you will not fool me. I truly apologize for going into this subject, I never intended for my blog to be one dealing with politics or religion. It was and is intended for my life stories and that is the way it's going to be. I'm sorry about allowing myself to be distracted to this point and I hope you will continue to follow as you have. Thank you for your kindness and the wonderful comments. It has being very encouraging for me.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that what EVER it is you have on your mind is pertinent and is an enjoyable read. I have rather enjoyed the "rants" of others who are intelligent and well spoken such as yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete